There’s nothing that compliments a good smartphone like a great pair of headphones. Available in various styles and types, there’s one for everyone. Different headphones have been modified to suit various functions, occasions, and needs. Some will give you a good listening experience, while others will help you block out the outside noises and concentrate on your work.
Some of the styles available include:
• In-ear Headphones – These are headphones which are worn inside the ear. They’re often referred to as earbuds. They’re portable and great for when you want to listen while on the move, even during vigorous activities like running.
• On-ear Headphones – These are headphones worn over the shell of the ear. They’re good for listening, but will not block out outside noises as the inner part of the ear remains exposed.
• Over-ear Headphones – Over-ear headphones completely cover the ear. As such, they give more powerful and detailed sound, and are able to completely block out external sounds.
Among the three types, there are wireless headphones that operate through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, and others that have a wire running between the ear cups, and connecting to your device. Below are some models available in the market that are worth investing in.
1. Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II
For a cost of about $350, these headphones offer you the best noise-cancelling function. They’re designed to actively block out noise, which allows you to either listen to your music without interruption from your surroundings, or to block out all noises when you want to concentrate on your work or get some sleep. They’re lightweight, allowing you to wear them for long periods without straining your head or ears. These headphones have a great battery life. They can operate for 40 hours on wired mode and 20 hours on Bluetooth. They also support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
2. Jaybird Run
Wireless, compact, and feather-light, the Jaybird Run is a great choice for runners. There’s no wire running between the earbuds, making them extra comfortable and non-disruptive during your exercise. Their battery will keep them running for four hours. A carry case also allows you to charge them again when battery runs low.
3. Urbanears Plattan II
If you’re looking for budget headphones that work just fine, this model will work for you. At $40, they’re affordable and quite stylish. They’re designed to conform to the shape of your head which gives a comfortable wearing experience. They’re easy to store, being collapsible and foldable. The most endearing feature of this pair are the two jacks found on each earcup. With these, you can attach two cables to each side and listen together with a friend.
4. Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2
With a 24-hour battery life, this model is a great choice for travelers. Coupled with active noise-cancellation, these headphones will give you a peaceful commute on any type of transport medium by blocking out all noises. If you do manage to use up the entire 24-hour battery, you can still use the headphones in wired mode.
Keeping your needs in consideration, you can choose the headphones which best suit you. Make sure they’re comfortable on your ears with no pressure on your head, and you’ll have a great experience.